XMLWriter

Tomek Sowiński just at ask.me
Fri Jun 10 18:35:07 PDT 2011

I've pilfered some time to wrap up and discuss the proposal for an easy to use and efficient XML writer.

Documentation:
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2863798/std-xml-html-june-11-2011-2-43-am-93k?da=y#XMLWriter

Code:
https://github.com/tomeksowi/phobos/commit/9f8bb890af7e85d5c4a38409ac13a73585bba643

I've been circling the design lately, questioning the existence of each feature and snipping off unnecessary parts. During the process I removed about 60% of the code and have come to a stage where I'm not sure whether further deletions won't cut into the healthy flesh of the project. These doubts are expressed in the questions in the documentation -- I'd like them to guide the discussion.

Oh, and please comment on the XMLWriter part only, the rest is old stuff.

--
Tomek