Flag proposal

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:08:49 PDT 2011

On 12.06.2011 10:31, KennyTM~ wrote:
> On Jun 12, 11 11:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 06/11/2011 04:20 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>>> 2. He proposed a template wrapper which would allow you to type
>>> yes!"enumName"
>>> and no!"enumName" instead of the full Flag!"enumName".yes and
>>> Flag!"enumName".no. Some people feel that this resolves complaint #2.
>>> Others
>>> think that it's still quite ugly.
>>
>> Those were since replaced with No.enumName and Yes.enumName by Dmitry's
>> idea:
>>
>> https://github.com/andralex/phobos/commit/801ccc96ce56827cd0d0b608895269bdccba4330
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Yes.X and No.X looks grammatically wrong. In D you usually have
> 'Aggregate.member', not 'Member.aggregate'.
Well, you can do only as much staying within the language.
Personally, I think the biggest stumbling block is error messages, maybe
we can do something about them.
Like make Flag struct with alias this and provide this(Flag!s)
constructor, opAssign etc. that static assert something sensible on
mismatch.

--
Dmitry Olshansky