pragma(mangle)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jun 12 02:23:53 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.828.1307833235.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 6/12/11, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> Are you working on updating DDMD to a newer DMD, or just simply trying to
>> use the newer backend? If the former, then that's fantastic and I look
>> forward to it.
>
> I'd like to really work on it properly (it would seem like an exciting
> project to work on!), and update DDMD to be more D2-like, e.g. that
> entire main.d module seems to re-implement argument passing via C APIs
> just like DMD's C++ code, but this seems unnecessary to me? Replacing
> that with getopt() would cut that module down to a tiny fragment of
> its original size.

Actually, what I meant was this: DDMD is currently based on DMD 2.040. Ie,
ATM, it's DMD 2.040 ported to D. You said you were trying to use the 2.053
backend with DDMD, so I was just wondering if you were also updating DDMD
frontend to be a D port of something newer than 2.040.

> What I'm really interested in doing is building interfaces to DDMD via
> various functions so it can be used by tools on demand. If I get
> something rolling I might put it up on github or somewhere, will let
> you know..

That does sounds cool, too :)