pragma(mangle)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jun 12 11:28:52 PDT 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:it2l1n$1alh$2 at digitalmars.com...
> On 6/12/11 4:23 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Andrej Mitrovic"<andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> news:mailman.828.1307833235.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>>>
>>> I'd like to really work on it properly (it would seem like an exciting
>>> project to work on!), and update DDMD to be more D2-like, e.g. that
>>> entire main.d module seems to re-implement argument passing via C APIs
>>> just like DMD's C++ code, but this seems unnecessary to me? Replacing
>>> that with getopt() would cut that module down to a tiny fragment of
>>> its original size.
>>>

>> Actually, what I meant was this: DDMD is currently based on DMD 2.040.
>> Ie,
>> ATM, it's DMD 2.040 ported to D. You said you were trying to use the
>> 2.053
>> backend with DDMD, so I was just wondering if you were also updating DDMD
>> frontend to be a D port of something newer than 2.040.
>
> I've always wondered what's the methodology of changing ddmd from diffs in
> dmd. I can only imagine it as a difficult manual process.

I've recently asked about that on the DDMD forum. No response yet, but it's
not really a high-traffic forum anyway:
http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5946&sid=4ece5dbd7a2352d5de1f61b14452733f

As I said there: "I would guess that right strategy would be to compare two
versions of DMD (ie, the one DDMD is currently based on, and the one you're
trying to update to), and then recreate the changes in DDMD."