Daniel Murphy (yebblies)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jun 12 19:43:59 PDT 2011

> I just want to say, I'm thoroughly impressed by the speed and effort
> Daniel Murphy is putting into fixing bugs with the compiler. Not to
> mention, he is closing already fixed bugs (an important, but tedious task).
>
> Bravo, Daniel!
>
> -Steve

Yes, he's doing quite heavyweight stuff. I'd add that the other
contributors are no slouches either.

Generally I must say the door of opportunity has not just opened - it's
been blown off its hinges ever since we migrated on github. Since Jan 14
when we started there, we've had on average more than two pull requests
PER DAY, and that's not properly reflecting the accelerating pace in the
recent couple of months.

This momentum is stronger than the most optimistic expectations. It
seems to me that at this point it is crucial for the core team to be
effective at reviewing merging pull requests quickly, with the help of
the community. By this I'm suggesting anyone who has an interest in D to
give a hand with reviewing and improving pull requests, and of course to
create more of them.

Thanks,

Andrei