Flag proposal

so so at so.so
Mon Jun 13 22:58:40 PDT 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:32:59 +0300, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> I think Ary's suggestion is very simple and easy to understand. Hybrid
> calls
> are *only* confusing when an unnamed parameter comes after a named one.

An example to it.

fun(int a, int b, int c, int d)

Say we want to name only c:

fun(2, 3, 1, c:5)

Ary's rules and function signature in mind, after you glance the call
you'd do some calculations and eventually find out the caller meant:

fun(a:2, b:3, d:1, c:5)

This is only 4 parameters and i named only one. Now NAs supposed to ease
to process of self-documenting, not complicate it even further.
I'm in favor of keeping it as simple as possible without creating any
confusion.