DIP11: Automatic downloading of libraries

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Tue Jun 14 09:32:56 PDT 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:59:15 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

>> One other interesting aspect is that the string literal can be
>> CTFE-constructed,
>
> Oh, or it could be in version {} blocks. I like that.
>
> I think we should actually whip up a working model. It needn't be a
> compiler feature at this point - we can use pragma(msg, "BUILD: " ~
> param) for now and have a helper program scan dmd's output.

+1, sounds fun. :)

Rather than pragma(msg), you could also use pragma(liburl), and run dmd
with "-ignore -v". You can parse the pragma from there. (I think you'd
need to write `pragma(liburl, "name-in-quotes", "url-in-quotes")`, a
slight diversion from Andrei's syntax, but otherwise it would work.)

Graham