winsamp.d and -O

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:23:25 PDT 2011

On 6/15/11, Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think generic 'windows sample' is _not_ about null pointer dereference

Actually there's another problem. In WinMain, this line:
    catch (Exception e)         // catch any uncaught exceptions

should be:
    catch (Throwable e)         // catch any uncaught exceptions

That way when a null is dereferenced you'll have the exception caught
and get a nice error message. That's what this sample was supposed to
demonstrate. I'll have it updated and make a pull.

> (though arguably one can consider Windows as a whole an example on GP
> fault and null pointer dereference in particular).

I don't follow.