DIP11: Automatic downloading of libraries

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 18:25:34 PDT 2011

Sean Kelly wrote:
> If we want to support using multiple versions of the
> same lib in an app then some more thought will have to go into how
> this will work.

Versioning is absolutely trivial if the version is part of the
module name.

This is a better way to do it long term too; it's future proof.
Download any module, no matter how old, and it will still compile.

To update your code to the new version, do a "grep import foo_1"
and replace them with "import foo_2" and recompile. This is
probably less effort than actually updating your code to use
version 2!