Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jun 15 03:05:14 PDT 2011

"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote in message
news:it9ti2$2etv$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky Wrote:
>
>> But Arora is still really lacking in some things, for instance, *really*
>> bad
>> handling of SSL certs that aren't 100% perfect (such as self-signed ones,
>> which prevents me from using it for a lot of dev work on my local
>> machine).
>
> Maybe you should import your CA certificate as trusted?

Arora's SSL capabilities are extremely limited. As far as I could tell, it
didn't even have a way to do that. I've even had it crash when the cert
wasn't perfect.

>> And even though it's WebKit, which I thought was supposed to be really
>> fast,
>> it's actually just about as slow to load a page as FF2. Surprisingly
>> slow.
>
> WebKit is not meant to be fast, it's slower than gecko (at least on
> windows).

Isn't WebKit what Chrome uses? I thought that was supposed to be fast.

>> It's by far the most promising-looking browser out there (Hell, it's the
>> only one still around with a UI that doesn't completely look like ass
>
> I don't remember, did you try Orca?

First I've heard of it. I'll look it up.

> Or you can write skin/plugin/extension for FF4 to make your sweet
> interface :)

Yea, but that's the problem with FF. Everything about it sucks
out-of-the-box, and it gives you no way to disable most of the suck. So you
*have to* cram it full of add-ons just to make the damn thing usable. (At
least it actually *has* a good range of addons available...)