Flag proposal

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jun 15 09:43:36 PDT 2011

so:

> I didn't know they work this way, i agree it is a good argument (finally
> we agree on something!)

To not waste all the good discussions I suggest to write down a DEP (D Enhancement Proposal), that tries to list what to do in all corner cases, even just a "?" where you don't know what to do (and including my Scala-style deprecated(oldArgName) idea). Even writing a pre-DEP will be a good starting point.
Even if in the end named arguments don't get added to D, having this DEP will be good to avoid further future discussions, or as starting point for a future desire to try adding them again.

Bye,
bearophile