Method hidding error

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jun 18 05:42:18 PDT 2011

Daniel Murphy:

> This has already been fixed, it will give an error in the next release:
>
> testx.d(4): Error: class testx.B use of testx.A.foo(A a) hidden by B is
> deprecated

That bug report has to be closed then :-) If you want I will close it.

You are doing lot of work in Bugzilla, thank you. Lately I have seen patches written by you for several small but annoying bugs, I hope to see most of those things fixed in dmd 2.054.
If you look for things to fix, Don keeps a list of big important bugs, and I have a different list of little "bugs" (I think you have fixed two or more of them already).

I think it's good to make the DMD hacking more accessible, creating a single HTML page that explains how to get the latest dmd sources, how submit patches, what are the main subsystems of DMD and how they interact.
A second good HTML page to keep is a list, updated weekly, of bugs to fix, sorted in few groups, "very easy", "easy", "hard to fix", to offer something to do to newbies in DMD hacking.

Bye,
bearophile