Curl wrapper round two

jdrewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Sat Jun 18 13:36:35 PDT 2011

Hi,

    I've finally got through all the very constructive comments from the
last review of the curl wrapper and performed the needed changes.

Here is the github branch:
https://github.com/jcd/phobos/tree/curl-wrapper

And the generated docs:
http://freeze.steamwinter.com/D/web/phobos/etc_curl.html

I do have some problems getting ddoc to show the documentation of
mixins. So in order to view the doc for byLine/byChunk methods you have
to look at the source.

Anyway...this is what I've been up to:

New features:

* Full support for async/sync by line/chunk
* FTP support extended from only allowing download of a file sync into
full async/sync by line/chunk support
* Allow providing parameters such as credentials/timeouts when using the
convenience statis methods.

Changes caused by last review:

* rethink byLine/... to not return string in order to prevent
allocations. they should return char[]/ubyte[]
* 80 chars
* Http.Result not HttpResult
* gramma for http.postData
* len -> length
* perform http request -> perform a http ...
* authMethod to property
* curltimecond alias into module
* followlocation -> maxredirs
* http not class anymore but struct
* timecondition use std.datetime
* timeouts use core.duration
* Spelling "callbacks is not supported"
* refer to HTTP RFC describing the methods
* login/password example
* chuncked -> chunked
* max redirs; use uint.max and not -1
* isRunning returining short
* 4 chars tabs in examples.
* no space in examples.
* Send/recv use special structs in order not to mess with other
communications

Comments are welcome.

/Jonas