Method hidding error

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Sat Jun 18 20:50:26 PDT 2011

"bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote in message
news:iti6fa$318d$1 at digitalmars.com...

> You are doing lot of work in Bugzilla, thank you. Lately I have seen
> patches written by you for several small but annoying bugs, I hope to see
> most of those things fixed in dmd 2.054.
> If you look for things to fix, Don keeps a list of big important bugs, and
> I have a different list of little "bugs" (I think you have fixed two or
> more of them already).

I already have my own list. (~200 bugs)  This particular bug was not fixed
by me though.

> I think it's good to make the DMD hacking more accessible, creating a
> single HTML page that explains how to get the latest dmd sources, how
> submit patches, what are the main subsystems of DMD and how they interact.
> A second good HTML page to keep is a list, updated weekly, of bugs to fix,
> sorted in few groups, "very easy", "easy", "hard to fix", to offer
> something to do to newbies in DMD hacking.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this.  Setting up a dev
environment for dmd shouldn't be too difficult for somebody who is planning
to patch the compiler.  There is already a guide up somewhere for submitting
a pull request to phobos.