DIP 11: trial partial implementation

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jun 19 05:07:21 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-19 02:10, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> http://arsdnet.net/dcode/build2.d
>
> * Be fast. It loops dmd like my old build.d. (I can't find a better
>    way to do it. Even rdmd always runs dmd at least twice - check
>    its source!)

That shouldn't be necessary.

First run:

* Run the compiler once with the -deps flag to collect the dependencies
* Run the compiler again to compile everything
* Cache dependencies

Later runs:

* Run the compiler once with the -deps flag and compile everything
* If the dependencies have change run the compiler again
* Re-cache the dependencies if necessary

--
/Jacob Carlborg