DIP11: Automatic downloading of libraries

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jun 20 15:32:32 PDT 2011

On 6/20/11 4:28 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> See my reply to Dmitry.

I see this as a dogfood issue. If there are things that should be in
Phobos and aren't, it would gain everybody to add them to Phobos.

Anyhow, it all depends on what you want to do with the tool. If it's
written in D1, we won't be able to put it on the github
D-programming-language/tools (which doesn't mean it won't become
widespread).

> BTW has std.benchmark gone through the regular review process?

I was sure someone will ask that at some point :o). The planned change
was to add a couple of functions, but then it got separated into its own
module. If several people think it's worth putting std.benchmark through
the review queue, let's do so. I'm sure the quality of the module will
be gained.

Andrei