NG traffic overloadad?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jun 20 16:05:06 PDT 2011

"Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:op.vxecghw0eav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:36:22 -0400, Jesse Phillips
> <jessekphillips+D at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it just me or have others not been able to access the NG. Most
>> recently it had a message say the load was 22.24. If it is getting too
>> much traffic, that is pretty cool, but might not be good to continue.
>
> I'm getting the following error from Opera regularly:
>
> 400 loadav [innwatch:hiload] 2912 gt 2000
>
> Seems like it has something to do with the load.  I wonder if it's a DOS
> going on...

Ever since around the time TDPL came out I've had occasional times when I'll
get that. Then it always comes back after not too long. Mildy annoying
sometimes, but I figure I probably spend too much time here anyway ;)

Not saying it is or isn't because of TDPL, but that was around when D got a
surge of increased interest ('course, that surge of interest probably had a
lot to do with TDPL, though). Of course, you could be right about the DOS,
too - maybe our resident alias-hopping troll's been doing more than just
writing occasional posts?