Web-news reader generates wrong links

just me no at email.com
Wed Jun 22 13:38:35 PDT 2011

Andrej Mitrovic Wrote:

> On 6/22/11, Steven Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:12:12 -0400, Andrej Mitrovic
> > <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Example page:
> >> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=93706
> >>
> >> If you click on the first "Re" link, you'll get redirected here:
> >> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=D.gnu&article_id=93711
> >>
> >> But that link should be:
> >> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=93711
> >>
> >> The link has the wrong "art_group" value, it seems to set it to
> >> `D.gnu` all the time instead of wherever the original post originated
> >> from, in this case `digitalmars.D`.
> >
> > This does not happen to me, but I think I've seen it before.  I think it
> > has to do with some sort of cookie that webnews uses.
> >
> > Try going to the main page (with all the threads), and then go back to
> > that specific one, I think it will work.
> >
> > -Steve
> >

> The last time I reported this Walter couldn't recreate the bug either.
> I think he might have used IE. Are you using Firefox by any chance?

Steps to reproduce with Firefox:

1. Go to http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?search_txt=&group=digitalmars.D

2. Open some message (should have replies) to a new tab

3. With the original tab go to http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?search_txt=&group=D.gnu

4. Switch to the tab with message and click any reply message

=> Now all reply links have invalid address.

That is really annoying.