Web-news reader generates wrong links

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 18:11:26 PDT 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:44:42 -0400, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer:
>
>> Try going to the main page (with all the threads), and then go back to
>> that specific one, I think it will work.
>
> Is fixing the site an option, instead?

The code is here: http://web-news.sourceforge.net/

so yes, it's an option, it's open source.

> Since about two months the online web interface doesn't allow me to go
> past the first page of the main D newsgroup:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?search_txt=&group=digitalmars.D

I have this same problem too.  It actually doesn't allow you to go past
the first page of any newsgroup.

It would be nice if this was fixed, but I have no clue why it would not
work, since nothing has changed.  I suspect possibly the ever-increasing
number of posts has started causing timeouts?

-Steve