strange Variant bug...

Lloyd Dupont ld-REMOVE at galador.net
Fri Jun 24 04:58:07 PDT 2011

Sorry for the late answer I was sick, and thanks for the fix!
It works indeed! :)

Now... on onto other bugs! :)

"Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message
news:itst81$1qbe$2 at digitalmars.com...

On 6/22/11 5:02 AM, Lloyd Dupont wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> Thanks for the quick fix and work around! :)
>
> Mm.. unfortunately Variant.init can be on either side of the equality,
> depending on the circumstances...
> I'll have to learn how to get the latest D compiler from the sources.. :~
> Is there a wiki HowTo somewhere?

Not yet. But as a simple recourse I was simply suggesting you do surgery
on your installation. Pop your editor, open /your/install/path/variant.d
and insert that code. No need to change stdio.d, just variant.d. The
next release will contain the fix anyway.

Good luck,

Andrei