Mixin template evaluated to string can convert to string mixin expression implicitly

Alex_Dovhal alex_dovhal at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 08:37:30 PDT 2011

"Timon Gehr" <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:
> String mixins themselves are 'a little bit ugly' (but unquestionably very
> useful).
> I think the syntax should keep reflecting that.
>
> Your proposal is a try to make up for Ds lack of macros. I'd prefer
> macros.
> Also overloading the meaning of 'mixin template' seems to be questionable.
> As I
> understand it, your proposal would make code like this valid?:

With Don's extension of CTFE and Kenji proposal it's possible to fully
implement macroses in library. I've tried to do that earlier but it was
impossible with current compiler state. I think it's GREAT idea. Thank Kenji
for making it. I'm interested in implementing such macro library. Are there
any instructions how to compile DMD under windows?