Rename std.string.toStringz?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jun 25 18:29:19 PDT 2011

> So, while the majority have indicated in the past renaming functions in Phobos
> to be properly camelcased is worth breaking code in the general case, there is
> no such consensus in this particular case, so toStringz is sticking around.

There's a large community using D that doesn't necessarily participate in ng
discussions. I'd like to see more than a simple majority in order to rename
existing functions (especially ones that have been around a while).

Breaking existing code really, really annoys people. It drives people away from
using D as "unstable" - and they'd be right.

I don't think we can create a viable D community if we break existing code every
month without really, really good reasons to.