State of std.json?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jun 25 21:25:44 PDT 2011

As I understand it, std.json is due for an overhaul. Also, as I recall, Robert
Jacques was working on doing that. What's the current state of that effort?
Are we looking at being able to review it anytime soon? Or does more have to
be done before that can happen?

I really think that the remaining major module overhauls in Phobos need to
have a high priority so that those portions of Phobos can be appropriately
stabilized. The longer that we have code sitting around that we're planning to
replace, the more code is going to have to be changed when we do replace them.
std.json is on the list of modules that supposedly needs an overhaul (I've
never used it, so I really don't know anything about its current state), so
I'm asking about it.

- Jonathan M Davis