Symbol Undefined: _D4....__ModuleInfoZ

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Jun 26 23:20:38 PDT 2011

On 26.06.2011 10:58, %u wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on a little kernel with D, and so far, I've been able to
> boot it and set up a physical memory manager.
>
> Now, I'm trying to allow for module constructors in the code. However,
> as soon as I define one, I see errors like this:
>
>    Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D4core4stdc5stdio12__ModuleInfoZ
>
> What does this error mean? Exactly what symbol is missing?

The static module constructor causes your module to take part in the
module initialization phase, so it creates a data structure that
contains info about modules which are imported and should be initialized
first (referenced directly or maybe indirectly, if an imported module
does not have static constructors on it's own).
The symbol above is the module info struct for core.stdc.stdio.