ZeroMQ & thrift

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue Jun 28 03:14:20 PDT 2011

Hi filgood,

there seem to be some D bindings at the official size
(http://www.zeromq.org/bindings:d,
https://github.com/itiu/zeromq-connector), but as I haven't really used
0mq so far, I can't judge in which state they are.

I currently don't have 0mq on my agenda for the GSoC project, but the
basic functionality should be more or less trivial to implement
yourself, see the contrib/zeromq directory in the Thrift source tree for
examples. Be aware, however, that there is, to some extent, an impedance
mismatch between Thrift and 0mq, as the latter is message-based, while
Thrift generally assumes its transports to behave like streams. Due to
this, there are some things which must be taken care of manually, like
calling one-way RPC methods only on »one-way« (or however they are
really called) 0mq connections.

Oh, and as for the state of the Thrift project, I regularly publish
status updates at http://klickverbot.at/ (will post one for the last
week later today, I was somehow thrown off the plan by getting a brain
concussion from bumping against a door lintel – yeah, I didn't know that
was possible either).

David