64 bit DMD binary on the Mac

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Tue Jun 28 12:46:25 PDT 2011

On 28/06/2011 20:39, Walter Bright wrote:
> 1. It cuts the testing time in half. This is a significant deal for me,
> as adding another hour to the test cycle slows things down a lot.

Definitely worth investigating then!

> 2. It speeds downloading the dmd package.

Of course the real solution for this one is to offer individual
packages. If you're on OS X, why on earth would you want binaries for
Windows/Linux32/Linux64/FreeBSD and the libraries to go with them? And
why would you want to download a large zip file when you can download a
tarball and have it be a fraction of the size (and work just as well out
of the box as a zip). Or even better a .dmg or .pkg.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/