Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jun 28 14:09:25 PDT 2011

Thanks for taking the time to do a detailed writeup on your opinions. I think
it's great feedback.

1. We all (well, almost all) agree on the need for a package manager. There are
some recent threads on getting this going.

2. The "two standard libraries" debacle it pretty much in the past now. D2 going
forward has one standard library, Phobos.

3. For searching, I recommend "D programming" with the quotes. It works pretty
good in google. I also harangue people who write about D to include the phrase
"D programming language" at least once on their pages. This helps a lot. On
twitter we use #d_lang to tie things together.

4. The official website for D is now http://www.d-programming-language.org.

5. I know I suck at web site design, which is why David Gileadi helped us out by
designing the d-programming-language.org look & feel.

6. The dlinks page is ancient, and it's been a long time since I even looked at
it. I agree it needs a revamp.

7. The d-programming-language.org site is on github - this means that you can
create pull requests for it! Please do for anything specific you can contribute to.