Some Clang static analyser results

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jun 28 15:45:44 PDT 2011

Found following a link chain from Reddit. A list of results of applying the Clang (LLVM) static analyser on large/medium C/C++ projects. The output is nice HTML with nice annotations and tool tips:

http://lbalbalba.freezoka.net/ccc-analyzer/

Some of the bugs (some of them are not real bugs) found in GCC 4.5.3:
Dereference of null pointer	309
Dead assignment	156
Idempotent operation	69
Dead initialization	35
Result of operation is garbage or undefined	14

One of the comments I have read about similar tools:
>The thing of it is, that you always end up with 100% false positives because people fix the real bugs and mess up your statistics.<

Bye,
bearophile