Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jun 29 01:29:07 PDT 2011

On 6/28/2011 11:46 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I think it makes it hard when most of the pages are written in DDOC. It doesn't
> help to attract web designers.

I have no idea what professional web designers use, but I did many web pages
using html in a regular text editor.

It was awful.

Using Ddoc literally doubled my productivity at creating web pages. Furthermore,
I can easily change them. This came in really handy when David redid the look &
feel.

For example, I am able to create the C++ manuals for the Kindle and the
digitalmars.com web pages from the exact same source text, simply by using a
different set of .ddoc macros.

(Although you can supposedly convert html directly to Kindle books, in reality
you'll discover you need to put out different html than you would for web display.)