Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 11:19:25 PDT 2011

James, no offense - this is a post made by a person who probably did not
look more than 10min for what he needs...

#1 Package management - if you were around you would see that it is a
hot topic, and will be solved soon.

#2 I do not know how you see community fragmentation, really. D
community is here on the NG, on IRC ( irc://irc.freenode.org/d ),
DSource, GitHub ...

#3 Unreachable? How? Do not tell me you type "D" in Google and You
seriously expect it to give you http://www.d-programming-language.org as
the first hit!? :)

#4 Now I am convinced you actually did not look at the
http://www.d-programming-language.org ... Yes, DigitalMars website has
kind of "old-school" HTML, but there are other websites out there. If
you discard an excellent programming language like D just because the
author's website looks crappy, than I have no further comments, really...

Conclusion:

   -- Get informed.