Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jun 29 11:42:45 PDT 2011

On 6/29/2011 11:19 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> Yes, DigitalMars website has kind of
> "old-school" HTML, but there are other websites out there.

Sure, it's an old school look.

1. That is not the fault of Ddoc, it is more that that's my level of web site
expertise.

2. I've stuck to things that make a website:

     1. fast to load
     2. looks the same in all browsers with no special case browser coding
     3. allows the client to format and reflow the text
     4. work even if javascript is disabled

And, in general, I think a programming language web site should be fairly
straightforward. I don't think having it look like a Coca Cola web site is
appropriate for the audience. It should be easy to navigate, easy on the eyes,
and "just the facts, ma'am."