Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:31:23 PDT 2011

I would agree that macros are a bit hard to read in ddoc. There's some
nice ideas in this thread.

Luckily I don't get to see garbage like this in D code:
        /// <summary>
        /// Required designer variable.
        /// </summary>
        private System.ComponentModel.Container components = null;

Really, you need XML tags to give me 3 words of information that I
could live without? It basically guarantees nobody will touch the
language without an XML processing IDE/editor. Maybe VIM/Emacs do have
XML processing built in so they can hide this thing, but a single '//'
would do just fine here, no? :)