Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jun 29 14:08:32 PDT 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1295.1309381293.14074.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 6/29/11, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
>> Any other system would need to
>> be learned too, and DDoc is trivial to learn.  So what's the compelling
>> benefit that makes it all worthwhile?
>
> It's funny how outsiders think it's trivial to learn their own system
> that they're used to, but they're not willing to learn DDOC that we're
> used to.

Yea, exactly. I certainly appreciate the guy's intent to be helpful. That's
certainly welcome. But how helpful is it really for us to have random new
people coming in expecting us to change everything to their way. This is
like a few weeks ago when we had someone basically expecting us to turn D
into Java.