D brand identity repository

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 09:04:19 PDT 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:38:05 -0400, James Fisher <jameshfisher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> https://github.com/eegg/d-brand/raw/master/d-logo-1.png
>
> More playing around.  Criticisms:
>
> - it's a bit busy
> - as a rule, gradients don't add any worth
> - mixes planet/devil metaphors to a degree that the planet metaphor is
> lost

To be honest, I don't think this is the right direction.  D isn't the
devil's language :)

I also don't like the crescents.  They don't look right against the D.
They also don't look like crescent moons, if that is what you are going
for.

I like the current d-programming-language.org logo the best so far.  I
read your previous criticism about the circles, I don't see the breast
reference too much, but the crescents are worse IMO.  Can you just put a
line through the super-imposed circle that follows the curve of the
letter, to make it look like the circle is behind it?  Not sure if this
would look better, but it would certainly be better than the crescents.

-Steve