Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:02:14 PDT 2011

Am 30.06.2011 22:47, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 6/30/2011 1:36 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
>> Are you sure? I've used it several times.
>
> I base that on if people were using it, there'd be lots of bug reports
> and enhancement requests!

Which reminds me - IIRC there were issues with multi threaded programs.
But because http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/trace.html says "Profiling of
multithreaded apps is not supported." there are probably no bug reports
about this - it's expected behavior.
However for the profiler to be really useful (especially nowadays with
multicore CPUs and std.parallelism), profiling multithreaded apps should
be supported.

> Does anyone use it's companion, -cov?

I think I've tried it once, but didn't have too much use for it (because
for optimization I care more about the output of -profile)

Cheers,
- Daniel