Why I'm hesitating to switch to D

KennyTM~ kennytm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:50:30 PDT 2011

On Jul 1, 11 05:39, bearophile wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis:
>
>> Actually, I find the backticks to be by far the most pleasant way to get raw
>> strings in D.
>
> I don't have backticks on my keyboard, so I use them only when they are needed. They have even removed the backticks in the Python2 ->  Python3 transition partially because of this (and partially because there is a more obvious way to do it in Python, and Python tries to keep only one obvious way to do things).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Python's `xyz` is equivalent to repr(xyz). I think it is removed in
Python 3 more because `...` is not worth the specialness as repr(). But
D's `...` is much more worthy as a convenient literal syntax when
involving '"' or '\'.

(I know some keyboard doesn't have '[' and ']'. So having no '`'
shouldn't be the reason it is removed from the language.)