Sci-Fi TV Shows (Was: std.path.getName(): Screwy by design?)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Mar 1 14:56:20 PST 2011

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2104.1299019810.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 14:27:38 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Jesse Phillips" <jessekphillips+D at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ikj3nf$1l0v$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> > I don't like this description, it is a configuration file which just so
>> > happens to have the convention of not being shown.
>>
>> That's the exact same thing. "not being shown" == "hidden" What else
>> could
>> "not being shown" mean, if not "hidden"? Obstructed view?
>>
>> > Linux doesn't have "hidden" files.
>>
>> That's just like saying "Windows doesn't have hidden files, it just has
>> some files with a flag that happen to have the convention of not being
>> shown". Six of one, half-dozen of the other. I'm not a fan of duck
>> typing,
>> but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has the DNA of a
>> duck...it certainly ain't no elephant.
>
> No. It's a cat. :)
>
> - Jonathan M Davis
>

> P.S. At least it is if you've seen B5...

OMG, I completely forgot about the whole cat thing in Babylon 5 (I assume
you mean Babylon 5). It's been far too long. Actually, I still haven't
gotten any further then about halfway through season 4. I really need to
finish that sometime.

Wait, are you sure that wasn't Andromeda?