Sci-Fi TV Shows (Was: std.path.getName(): Screwy by design?)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Mar 1 16:11:13 PST 2011

On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 14:56:20 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.2104.1299019810.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>
> > On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 14:27:38 Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >> "Jesse Phillips" <jessekphillips+D at gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ikj3nf$1l0v$1 at digitalmars.com...

> >> That's the exact same thing. "not being shown" == "hidden" What else
> >> could
> >> "not being shown" mean, if not "hidden"? Obstructed view?

> >> That's just like saying "Windows doesn't have hidden files, it just has
> >> some files with a flag that happen to have the convention of not being
> >> shown". Six of one, half-dozen of the other. I'm not a fan of duck
> >> typing,
> >> but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has the DNA of a
> >> duck...it certainly ain't no elephant.
> >
> > No. It's a cat. :)
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
> >

> > P.S. At least it is if you've seen B5...
>
> OMG, I completely forgot about the whole cat thing in Babylon 5 (I assume
> you mean Babylon 5). It's been far too long. Actually, I still haven't
> gotten any further then about halfway through season 4. I really need to
> finish that sometime.
>
> Wait, are you sure that wasn't Andromeda?

No. It was Babylon 5. Londo couldn't remember the word for duck and described
the animal to Vir. And Vir thought that the animal was called a cat (and Londo
agreed with him). So, instead of talking about being nibbled to death by ducks,
Londo says that it's like being nibbled to death by cats...

- Jonathan M Davis