std.path.getName(): Screwy by design?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Mar 2 13:27:59 PST 2011

"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote in message
news:ikl9vq$b0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Bekenn Wrote:
>
>> On 3/1/11 3:27 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> > I've always hated the Windows "Documents and Settings" subdirectory.
>> > Arggh. Always a pain to use on the command line.
>>
>> No kidding.  Thank goodness that's gone post-XP.  Now if only they'd do
>> the same for Program Files...
>
> Did both on my xp, have /home and /programs.

I moved my pictures and music folders to the root of a secondary drive. Kept
the same names, athough I don't know why. Maybe I'm just used to it.

Now if only I could get programs to quit cluttering "My Documents" with
their misc junk, instead of "My Documents/.." where all that crap belongs,
*that* would make me happy...(In the meantime, I've created a "My Docs"
subdir of "My Documents" that I use as my *real* documents dir - an annoying
kludge).