How fast is D compared to C++?

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:31:02 PST 2011

Am 03.03.2011 02:22, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 3/2/11 7:09 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
>> What were the reasons for not listing D anyway?
>
> I suggest we stop this discussion right here as there's no chance it doesn't
> turn political. It has occurred a couple of times in the past, with the effect
> that people wrote email to Isaac asking him the question above in a more or less
> demanding tone.

Ok. It wasn't my intention to turn the discussion into a political direction.
I thought maybe it were practical issues that could be fixed (or the D community
could help), like "no 64bit support" or "setting it up for D (including writing
benchmarking code) is much work and he doesn't have the time" or "prefers free
compiler for D2" (nowadays GDC could be used) or whatever.

I certainly wouldn't demand from Isaac to add D or anything (it's his spare
time, after all).

Cheers,
- Daniel