Google Summer of Code

%u wfunction at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:22:47 PST 2011

> Thanks for this idea. I plan to submit an organization application. As of now I'm
unclear whether Digital Mars would be the best organization to apply, as opposed to
an unincorporated "d-programming-language.org" entity. I'll discuss this with
Walter. All, please chime in if you have related experience.
> We have a number of good projects to work on:
> * XML library
> * Networking library
> * IDE
> * Lexer/parser generator
> * Containers
> * Encryption/hashing
> * Thrift bindings

OMG sooo exciting!

I'm currently a CS student and I've applied to a few places for the summer, and
this /definitely/ sounds interesting for me, and I'd love to help make D better
(and of course, learn more about compilers in the process)! If this catches on I'd
be really interested in it. :)