std.parallelism: Request for Review [Summary of discussion]

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Mar 4 10:10:40 PST 2011

On Friday, March 04, 2011 09:52:17 Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 09:27 -0600, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>
> > > - We give it one more week for the final review, starting today, 4
> > > March. - If this review does not lead to major API changes, we start
> > > the vote next Friday, 11 March.  Vote closes after one week, 18 March.
> > >
> > > How does this sound?
> > >
> > > -Lars
> >
> > I suggest let's make the review three weeks and the vote one week.
>
> I am guessing there is a constituency of eligible voters, i.e. there is
> not universal suffrage.

We've never really discussed that. Thus far, anyone who posted on the newsgroup
could vote. Now, if there were a bunch of votes from unknown folks and that
definitely shifted the vote, then I would fully expect those votes to be thrown
out or the vote redone or whatnot (if nothing else, they could be sock puppets).
But it's not like we've selected a list of people and said that they were the
ones allowed to vote. The few times that we've voted on including something in
Phobos thus far, it hasn't been an issue.

- Jonathan M Davis