std.parallelism: Request for Review [Summary of discussion]

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:13:09 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 11:27 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[ . . . ]
> > Presumably this is a four-state vote:
> >
> > 	+1 approve
> > 	0 cannot decide
> > 	-1 disapprove
> > 	-- no opinion
> >
> > Anyone not emailing is deemed to have cast a -- vote all of which are
> > automatically discarded.  Votes such as +100 will presumably be
> > renormalized to +1.
>
> All you really do is vote whether you want it in Phobos or not. The total number
> of votes/voters is then taken, and the majority decides. If the majority vote
> for inclusion, then it's included. If the majority vote for it not to be
> included, then it's not included. There's no weighting of votes or point system
> or whatnot.

I think we are saying fundamentally the same thing, but you are keeping
it informal and I have started my Friday night whisky (*) drinking.

I think I have already decided to say +1, but I better not say that in
case it is deemed as trying to influence the electorate ;-)

Have a good weekend!

(*) Definitely not whiskey.

--
Russel.