Interesting observation [ot]

uri fun at stuff.org
Fri Mar 4 19:48:10 PST 2011

This should likely go to d.learn or someplace else. As a simple exercise I tried to build a tool that fetches a list of random news articles written by a single person and determine his or hers time zone based on the frequencies.

I first thought the period of sleep would determine the daily rhythm, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In http://piczasso.com/i/amj97.png I used bearophile's data points and the sleep period gave GMT-4 .. GMT-3, dinner time GMT+0 .. GMT+2, GMT+1 having the highest probability, which is the correct answer. I wish U sleep all well and don't work too hard 24/7, the AI is watching U.