Interesting observation [ot]

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 4 21:01:53 PST 2011

"Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.2200.1299299436.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Friday 04 March 2011 19:48:10 uri wrote:
>> This should likely go to d.learn or someplace else. As a simple exercise
>> tried to build a tool that fetches a list of random news articles written
>> by a single person and determine his or hers time zone based on the
>> frequencies.
>>
>> I first thought the period of sleep would determine the daily rhythm, but
>> that doesn't seem to be the case. In http://piczasso.com/i/amj97.png I
>> used bearophile's data points and the sleep period gave GMT-4 .. GMT-3,
>> dinner time GMT+0 .. GMT+2, GMT+1 having the highest probability, which
>> is
>> the correct answer. I wish U sleep all well and don't work too hard 24/7,
>> the AI is watching U.
>
> You're assuming that we have normal sleep patterns. ;)

A program like that would probably conclude that I jet-set between Hawaii
and Japan rather than living in Cleveland.

It's a *very* interesting idea, though. Might work great for other
disciplines. Although programmers tend to be the exceptions to many rules.
:)

Another interesting twist might be to run a spellchecker on the posts (but
first attempt to recognize code and psuedo-code and omit it from the
spellchecking), with the idea that more errors from the same person might
imply more fatigue (or maybe just more busy during the workday).