Proposal for std.path replacement

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Mar 5 14:36:50 PST 2011

On Saturday 05 March 2011 14:07:44 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Please no repetitions in consonants, e.g. "curr". That's something
> I'll keep screwing up when typing, and all I'll get back is "no
> curDirName in main.d", or "symbol not found", etc..

LOL. Whereas I'd argue that there _should_ be a repetition in consonants if the
word that's being abbreviated has a double consonant. Otherwise, it looks like
it's spelled wrong, and _I_ for one would be constantly mis-typing it.

However, regardless of which way it goes, I _would_ point out that you wouldn't
get an error message as bad as you suggest. It should be asking you if you meant
X (where X is whatever the correct spelling is) instead, unlike languages like
C++ or Java normally do.

- Jonathan M Davis