Haskell infix syntax

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 09:34:07 PST 2011

bearophile:
> UFCS is a huge hack that I hope to never see in D :-)

How is it a hack? I can understand there being implementation problems
that can make it undesirable to add, but calling it hack?

It's one of the most elegant syntax proposals I've ever seen! It
unifies objects and other functions in syntax. It improves
encapsulation by giving full support to non-member functions. It
improves modularity for the same reason.

With ufcs, there'd be no desire to add useless members due to
object syntax. Everything is equal - easy extensibility, better
protection, cleaner interfaces.

It's the opposite of a hack.