Proposal for std.path replacement

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Mar 6 13:12:03 PST 2011

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 10:37:15 +0200, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario at gmx.de>
wrote:

> What about "file."? I tried it on NTFS, but trailing '.' seems to always
> be cut off.

It's possible to create files and directories with one trailing dot on
Windows/NTFS. FAR Manager allows doing this, for example. I'm not sure if
the implementation does anything special to achieve this, but it's not
impossible. (Ditto with leading and trailing spaces.)

By the way, not sure if it's been mentioned in this discussion but:

".exe" is an executable file with no name. It's perfectly valid.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net