where clause -- OT

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 04:40:18 PST 2011

On 03/07/2011 12:28 PM, bearophile wrote:
> I like Python but I have found some Haskell code on web pages, that I copy and try to run. I am having many problems caused by tabs present in the original code that vanish in HTML and break haskell indentations, creating bugs. So be careful what you wish for.
>

>  From the web interface your posts are often empty/invisible:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=131443

That's a design issue with tools which do not respect the user; considering as
default him/her as stupid and helpless. Like most wiki-languages as well. (Like
Unix's general philosophy, troll.) Like email readers which do not allow one
setting TAB's width, so that one cannot separate semantics marks (tab) from
presentation (indent width) and is forced to insert n spaces (no model/view
possible in doc writing) instead --> thus ever reader has to do with my indent
preferences.

Denis