LLVM 3.0 type system changes

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue Mar 8 06:59:18 PST 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:33:19 +0200, Caligo <iteronvexor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was aware of your "NIH syndrome", and that's why I have a problem with
> this.  The main reason you are doing this is to serve your own needs, to
> make yourself feel good, to earn some kind of recognition, but not to
> serve
> the community in any meaningful way.  Even if the project fails, it will
> look good on your resume because you took the time to develop a compiler.
> This kind of behavior is very common in the FOSS community, and it has
> become a disease.  It's the reason why there are thousands of dead
> software
> projects that were never completed and maintained.

Dude, WTF? People can't work on stuff they want to work any more without
someone like you blasting them for it? Take a second to recall that
open-source projects are done in people's free time, mainly because they
ENJOY doing it. Who is anyone to tell me what to do in my free time,
especially if I wouldn't enjoy it?

People like YOU are a disease for the open-source community, demotivating
people who bother to release, publish sources for and sometimes support
the projects they do in their free time.

P.S. Don't bother replying, you're in my killfile.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net